API Portal 7.7 February 2022 Release Notes
6 minute read
API Portal is available as a software installation or a virtualized deployment in a Docker container. For more information, see the following options:
- If you are installing API Portal for the first time using this update, see Install API Portal.
- If you are already using API Portal (7.5.x, 7.6.x, 7.7.x) and want to install this update, see Upgrade API Portal.
- You can use the cumulative upgrade script to upgrade directly from earlier versions (for example, 7.5.5, 7.6.2) to API Portal 7.7 November, then apply this update package.
- See API Portal single version upgrade to upgrade versions incrementally.
- To deploy API Portal in Docker containers, see Deploy API Portal in containers.
- If you are already using API Portal in Docker containers and you want to install this update, see Upgrade API Portal in Docker containers.
New features and enhancements
The following new features and enhancements are available in this update.
Support for PHP 8.0
We are adding support for PHP 8.0 in API Portal. This is a major update of the PHP language.
Support for MySql 8.0
We are adding support for MySQL 8.0, but note that you must have PHP 8.0 installed before using MySQL 8.0. For more information, see Install Apache HTTP server and PHP
Limitations of this update
This update has the following limitations:
- API Portal 7.7.20220228 is compatible with API Gateway and API Manager 7.7.20220228 and 7.7.20220530.
- To upgrade from earlier versions (for example, 7.5.5, 7.6.2) you must first upgrade to API Portal 7.7 only.
- This update is not available as a virtual appliance or as a managed service on Axway Cloud.
There are no major changes in this update.
As part of our software development life cycle we constantly review our API Management offering. As part of this update, the following capabilities have been deprecated
PHP 7.1 and PHP 7.2
PHP 7.1 and PHP 7.2 are no longer actively supported by the PHP, therefore we are deprecating these versions from API Portal in this update, and they will be removed from official support in the next update, in May 2022.
For more information, see PHP Supported versions.
End of support notices
There are no end of support notices in this update.
No capabilities have been removed in this update.
This version of API Portal includes:
- Fixes from all 7.5.5, 7.6.2, and 7.7 service packs released prior to this version. For details of all the service pack fixes included, see the corresponding SP Readme attached to each service pack on Axway Support.
- Fixes from all 7.7 updates released prior to this version. For details of all the update fixes included, see the corresponding release note for each 7.7 update.
Fixed security vulnerabilities
|Internal ID||Case ID||CVE Identifier||Description|
|IAP-5011||Issue: Vulnerable version 1.9.3-r0 of lz4 library is used. Resolution: lz4 is upgraded to version 1.9.3-r1.|
|IAP-4891||Issue: Vulnerable version 0.6.1 of json-pointer vdependency was used. Resolution: json-pointer was updated to a version 0.7.0 which is not vulnerable.|
|IAP-5068||Issue: A vulnarable version of golang was used to compile Jobber. Resolution: We replace alpine-based golang official base image instead for the “build jobber” layer.|
|IAP-5066||Issue: API Portal uses marked package version 1.1.1, which was reported as vulnerable. Resolution: Marked package was upgraded to a newer non-vulnerable version.|
Other fixed issues
|Internal ID||Case ID||Description|
|IAP-4646||Issue: API Manager HTTP response headers were handled in case-sensitive manner by API Portal. Resolution: API Manager HTTP response headers are now handled in case-insensitive manner by the API Portal.|
|IAP-4850||1302607||Issue: Аccented characters in application names are viewed as HTML codes. Resolution: Аccented character are viewed correctly.|
|IAP-4918||1317116||Issue: Read only custom properties are erased on submitting the page. Resolution: Read only custom properties where preserved on saving the page.|
The following are known issues for this update.
Custom properties permissions per role are not respected in some scenarios
Custom properties permissions per role will not be respected for the organization in the following scenarios:
- Permissions will not be respected for the organization the API is assigned to because respecting them will cause significant performance impact on the Try-it page. The custom properties permissions will follow the role of the user’s primary organization.
- On creating an application, the App has no organization yet, so the custom properties permissions cannot be respected per role of the organization. They will follow the permissions for the role of the primary organization of the user.
Related Issue: IAP-4474
When Multi Manager feature is configured, API Portal users are no longer able to login
After a recent bug fix in API Manager (RDAPI-20021), the
Authenticate to Master policy is no longer working after upgrading from releases earlier than API Portal July 2020. To fix this, perform the following steps:
- Open all slave managers configurations in Policy Studio, and click to Edit the
- Click the Login to Master (Connect to URL) filter, and enter
Accept: */*for the Request Protocol Header.
- Click the Enter key twice to create two blank lines after
Alternatively you can take the updated
AuthenticateToMaster policy and apply again your configurations.
Related issue: IAP-3435
Page layout and alignment for Arabic language
Changing the API Portal language to Arabic (or any other right to left language) results in issues with page layout and alignment on the API Portal Home and Pricing pages, and some buttons are not visible. As a workaround, you can turn on the development mode in JAI. Follow these steps:
- Log in to Joomla! Admin Interface (JAI).
- In the JAI top navigation bar, click Extensions > Templates.
- Click your template style (for example,
purity_III * Default) to open it.
- Click the General tab.
- Change Development Mode to
- Click Save and click Close to close the template style.
Related issue: IAP-308
To find all available documentation for this product version:
- Go to Manuals on the Axway Documentation portal.
- In the left pane Filters list, select your product or product version.
Customers with active support contracts need to log in to access restricted content.
For information on the different operating systems, databases, browsers, and thick client platforms supported by each Axway product, see Supported Platforms.
The Axway Global Support team provides worldwide 24 x 7 support for customers with active support agreements.
See Get help with API Gateway for the information that you should be prepared to provide when you contact Axway Support.