Get started with AMPLIFY Central
2 minute read
Before you start
- Read AMPLIFY Central overview
- Read Understand AMPLIFY Central concepts
- Sign up for a free trial of AMPLIFY Central at AMPLIFY platform
Learn how to register your first API in AMPLIFY Central.
- Register an API as an API proxy and deploy it to a runtime group
- Secure the API with a client authentication policy
- Monitor the API usage and traffic
- Publish the API endpoints to AMPLIFY Catalog
Register an API
Watch this video to learn how to register your first API as an API proxy in AMPLIFY Central, how to deploy it to a runtime group, and how to test the deployed API.
Secure an API
Watch this video to learn how to secure your API with a client authentication policy, using an API key as an example. The video also demonstrates how to manage access to an API using an app, and how to deploy and test the secured API.
Monitor API traffic
To monitor API usage and troubleshoot API traffic in AMPLIFY Central UI, click API Observer in the left navigation bar.
- Click API Usage to see an aggregated view of the recent usage of your API. This view is useful for monitoring traffic patterns, and successes or failures over time.
- Click API Traffic to view the traffic information. This view is useful for finding and troubleshooting any failed transactions.
NoteThe API Observer API traffic view provides details for up to a maximum of 1000 transactions based on your search. You might need to further restrict the search by time range, or other filter criteria, to view all results.
Publish API to AMPLIFY Catalog
To publish and share your API endpoints in the AMPLIFY Catalog, so that consumers can discover and reuse your service easily, select API Proxies in the left navigation bar, click the appropriate API proxy in the list, and click Add to Catalog on the Deployments tab.
You have learned how to register an API as an API proxy in AMPLIFY Central, how to deploy and test it, and how to apply security policies to it. You have also learned how to monitor API usage and traffic, and how to publish API endpoints to AMPLIFY Catalog to make them available to consumers.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.