Install Discovery and Traceability agents
1 minute read
The Discovery agent is used to discover new published APIs or any updated APIs. After the APIs are discovered, they are published to Amplify Central.
The Traceability agent is used to prepare the transaction events that are sent to Amplify platform. Each time an API is called by a consumer, an event (summary and details) is sent to Amplify Central and is visible in Business Insights.
- Ensure that all of the prerequisites detailed in API Gateway System requirements are met.
- You have a valid pair of private and public keys to connect with Amplify Central, as detailed in Agents configuration.
Install in GUI mode
To install the Discovery and Traceability agents in GUI mode along with API Gateway, follow the steps described in API Gateway installation, using the following options:
- Select the Custom setup type.
- Select to install the following components:
- Discovery and Traceability agents
Install in unattended mode
The following example shows how to install the Discovery and Traceability agents in unattended mode:
./APIGateway_7.7_Install_linux-x86-32_BN<n>.run --mode unattended --setup_type advanced --enable-components agentsConfiguration --disable-components apimgmt,apigateway,nodemanager,cassandra, qstart,policystudio,configurationstudio,analytics,apitester,packagedeploytools
For more information see API Gateway unattended installation.