API Portal 7.7 January 2021 Release Notes
7 minute read
API Portal provides an API consumer-facing interface that you can customize to match your corporate brand. API Portal is a layered product linked to API Manager, and requires both API Manager and API Gateway. For more information, see the API Gateway and API Manager documentation.
API Portal is available as a software installation or a virtualized deployment in a Docker container. For more information, see the following options:
- If you are installing API Portal for the first time using this update, see Install API Portal.
- If you are already using API Portal (7.5.x, 7.6.x, 7.7.x) and want to install this update, see Upgrade API Portal.
- You can use the cumulative upgrade script to upgrade directly from earlier versions (for example, 7.5.5, 7.6.2) to API Portal 7.7 November, then apply this package to update your API Portal to the January 21 release.
- See API Portal single version upgrade to upgrade versions incrementally.
- To deploy API Portal in Docker containers, see Deploy API Portal in containers.
- If you are already using API Portal in Docker containers and you want to install this update, see Upgrade API Portal in Docker containers.
New features and enhancements
Docker container improvements
This update includes a sample docker-compose.yml script, which once configured for your environment, enables an easier start up of API Portal, MariaDB, and Redis containers. Now, you can build your own API Portal docker container using the same build scripts that Axway use internally.
Simplified language file upload
Previously, to upload language files you had to connect to the API Portal server, download the English translation files, translate them, rename them correctly, and upload them to the correct directory on the server. To simplify this process, we have added an upload capability to the Joomla! Admin Interface (JAI). For more information, see Add a translated UI string file.
- Improved readability of all logs redirected to stdout.
- Added support for the anti-virus service (ClamAV) running on a remote machine. Previously, it had to be running on the same server as API Portal.
UI modernization improvements
New two-column layout available for API details view.
Swagger UI layout configuration available from API Catalog settings.
New configuration to hide the Try-it button for APIs with specific tags, for example, “Coming soon”. Wildcards such as
User account fields (Name, Login name, Password, Email) are now read-only in JAI, as this data is managed from API Manager or an external IDP.
Custom properties are now displayed in Public mode.
A consistent loading icon (spinner) is now rendered across the API details, Applications, and Usage tabs.
Limitations of this update
This update has the following limitations:
- API Portal 7.7.20210130 is compatible with API Gateway and API Manager 7.7.20210130 only.
- To upgrade from earlier versions (for example, 7.5.5, 7.6.2) you must first upgrade to API Portal 7.7 only.
- This update is not available as a virtual appliance or as a managed service on Axway Cloud.
There are no major changes in this update.
No capabilities have been deprecated in this update.
No capabilities have been removed in this update.
This version of API Portal includes:
- Fixes from all 7.5.5, 7.6.2, and 7.7 service packs released prior to this version. For details of all the service pack fixes included, see the corresponding SP Readme attached to each service pack on Axway Support.
- Fixes from all 7.7 updates released prior to this version. For details of all the update fixes included, see the corresponding release note for each 7.7 update.
Fixed security vulnerabilities
|Internal ID||Case ID||CVE Identifier||Description|
|IAP-3174||Issue: The HTTP response contains duplicate attributes for
|IAP-3784||1215016||Issue: Arbitrary redirection on sign-in page was exploitable. Resolution: The issue has been fixed as now API Portal checks if the host of the encoded return url is the same as the API Portal’s host.|
|IAP-3757||1212990||Issue: Sensitive directories accessible through web. Resolution: htaccess file modification done to block sensitive directory access.|
|IAP-3745||1212603||Issue: XSS was possible on API Details page while creating an application. Resolution: The XSS is remediated on API Details page for
|IAP-3846||Issue: Private key file is publicly available via URL. Resolution:
Other fixed issues
|Internal ID||Case ID||Description|
|IAP-3732||Issue: Informative messages where not logged in a log file when password was reset. Resolution: Informative messages where not logged in a
|IAP-3887||1220931||Issue: Installation fails when installed with MySQL lower than 5.7. Resolution:
|IAP-3889||1221136||Issue: The documentation describing secure PHP configuration have mistakes and not valid options. Resolution: The documentation has been updated following best security practices applicable to API Portal.|
|IAP-3911||Issue: Apache virtual host configuration was not correctly set when installing API Portal using plain HTTP and as a result API Portal cannot be loaded. Resolution: Now Apache virtual host configuration is correct and API Portal is able to install using plain HTTP.|
|IAP-3875||1203778||Issue: IPs are logged hashed when session hijack attempt happens. Resolution: IPs will be logged without being hashed when session hijack attempt happens.|
The following are known issues for this update.
When Multi Manager feature is configured, API Portal users are no longer able to login
After a recent bug fix in API Manager (RDAPI-20021), the
Authenticate to Master policy is no longer working after upgrading from releases earlier than API Portal July 2020. To fix this, perform the following steps:
- Open all slave managers configurations in Policy Studio, and click to Edit the
- Click the Login to Master (Connect to URL) filter, and enter
Accept: */*for the Request Protocol Header.
- Click the Enter key twice to create two blank lines after
Alternatively you can take the updated
AuthenticateToMaster policy and apply again your configurations.
Page layout and alignment for Arabic language
Changing the API Portal language to Arabic (or any other right to left language) results in issues with page layout and alignment on the API Portal Home and Pricing pages, and some buttons are not visible. As a workaround, you can turn on the development mode in JAI. Follow these steps:
- Log in to Joomla! Admin Interface (JAI).
- In the JAI top navigation bar, click Extensions > Templates.
- Click your template style (for example,
purity_III * Default) to open it.
- Click the General tab.
- Change Development Mode to
- Click Save and click Close to close the template style.
Related Issue: IAP-308
This section describes documentation enhancements and related documentation.
There are no major changes in this update.
To find all available documentation for this product version:
- Go to Manuals on the Axway Documentation portal.
- In the left pane Filters list, select your product or product version.
Customers with active support contracts need to log in to access restricted content.
The following reference documents are also available:
- Supported Platforms - Lists the different operating systems, databases, browsers, and thick client platforms supported by each Axway product.
- Interoperability Matrix - Provides product version and interoperability information for Axway products.
The Axway Global Support team provides worldwide 24 x 7 support for customers with active support agreements.
See Get help with API Gateway for the information that you should be prepared to provide when you contact Axway Support.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.