Convert API Gateway configuration from XML to a YAML human-friendly format.
Public betaThis feature is currently a technical preview and not yet supported for production use.
API Gateway main configuration is created through Policy Studio in XML format. This configuration can now be converted into a YAML format, edited in an IDE of your choice, and deployed to the API Gateway runtime. The YAML-based configuration allows for a human-friendly format to manage configuration, which facilitates the use of industry standard tooling and enhance the collaboration and operational options. YAML-based configuration enables:
- A better experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) tooling for managing diffs and merging.
- Easier use of standard tooling in DevOps pipelines.
- Team collaboration with multiple developers working on the same configuration project.
- Environmentalization of any piece of configuration. For example, passwords, certificates.
- Externalization of configuration that naturally belongs in a separate file. For example, scripts, schemas, keys, certificates.
- Use of standard certificate and private key generation tools, and certificate viewing tools.
|Entity Store||The API Gateway’s configuration is also called Entity Store. It is a store of all the entities it takes to configure the API Gateway runtime, for example, the policies and filters. There are now two formats available for the Entity Store: the XML federated configuration and the YAML configuration.|
|XML federated configuration||Consists of a small set of XML files. This can be packaged into a
|YAML||YAML Ain’t Markup Language (YAML) is a descriptive language based on JSON, widely used to describe configurations.|
|YAML configuration||The YAML configuration or YAML Entity Store consists of a large set of YAML files in an easy-to-navigate directory structure. This can be packaged into a standard
|yamles||The CLI client tool for converting, validating, and encrypting YAML configuration.|
YAML CLI tool overview
Understand the structure of the YAML entity store.
Learn how to environmentalize your YAML configuration.
Learn how to work with externalized files within YAML configuration.
Learn how to edit the YAML configuration.
Learn how to package and deploy a YAML configuration to the API Gateway runtime.
Reference information for YAML configuration.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.