Resolve upgrade issues in Policy Studio
2 minute read
Policy Studio provides graphical features to help you detect and analyze upgrade issues. You can use the Tools > Upgrade Log Analysis option to analyze an
upgrade.log file. You can also use the tool to analyze upgrade issues when creating a new project from existing configuration, or when importing a configuration fragment. For more information, see Upgrade log analysis.
You can also use Policy Studio to resolve configuration issues. If the upgrade process identifies issues with the configuration in your old installation, you can use Policy Studio to resolve the issues. There are two ways of doing this:
- Resolve the issues in the upgraded configuration during the upgrade, and deploy the updated configuration to the new installation when the upgrade completes. See Resolve issues during upgrade.
- Resolve the issues in the upgraded configuration after the upgrade completes, and deploy the changes. See Resolve issues after upgrade.
Resolve issues during upgrade
During the upgrade, if the
upgrade command identifies configuration issues that must be resolved in Policy Studio, open the problematic configuration in Policy Studio. For example, in Policy Studio version 7.7, create a new project using From .fed file or From .pol and .env files, and select the correct files under the following directory:
Modify the problematic configuration in Policy Studio, and save the project for deployment after sysupgrade completes.
TipIf Policy Studio is not installed on the node that has the problematic configuration, copy the directory to a machine where Policy Studio is installed, and edit it there.
Resolve issues after upgrade
Alternatively, you can choose to complete the upgrade first and then resolve the configuration issues in Policy Studio. In this case, load the configuration from the running API Gateway after the upgrade completes. For example:
- In Policy Studio version 7.7, click New Project from an API Gateway instance.
- Select the API Gateway group that has the problematic configuration.
- Make changes to the configuration in Policy Studio, and deploy them.
- Repeat this process for each API Gateway group in the topology that the upgrade step identified as problematic.