API Portal 7.7 May 2021 Release Notes
6 minute read
API Portal is available as a software installation or a virtualized deployment in a Docker container. For more information, see the following options:
- If you are installing API Portal for the first time using this update, see Install API Portal.
- If you are already using API Portal (7.5.x, 7.6.x, 7.7.x) and want to install this update, see Upgrade API Portal.
- You can use the cumulative upgrade script to upgrade directly from earlier versions (for example, 7.5.5, 7.6.2) to API Portal 7.7 November, then apply this update package to update your API Portal to the May 21 release.
- See API Portal single version upgrade to upgrade versions incrementally.
- To deploy API Portal in Docker containers, see Deploy API Portal in containers.
- If you are already using API Portal in Docker containers and you want to install this update, see Upgrade API Portal in Docker containers.
New features and enhancements
There are no new feature or enhancements in this update. This is a maintenance update consisting of defect fixes.
For a complete list of fixed issues, see Fixed issues section.
Limitations of this update
This update has the following limitations:
- API Portal 7.7.20210530 is compatible with API Gateway and API Manager 7.7.20210530 only.
- To upgrade from earlier versions (for example, 7.5.5, 7.6.2) you must first upgrade to API Portal 7.7 only.
- This update is not available as a virtual appliance or as a managed service on Axway Cloud.
There are no major changes in this update.
There are no deprecated features in this update.
No capabilities have been removed in this update.
This version of API Portal includes:
- Fixes from all 7.5.5, 7.6.2, and 7.7 service packs released prior to this version. For details of all the service pack fixes included, see the corresponding SP Readme attached to each service pack on Axway Support.
- Fixes from all 7.7 updates released prior to this version. For details of all the update fixes included, see the corresponding release note for each 7.7 update.
Fixed security vulnerabilities
|Internal ID||Case ID||CVE Identifier||Description|
|IAP-4106||CVE-2020-7760||Issue: Joomla 3.9.25 is using vulnerable version of firstname.lastname@example.org. Resolution: Joomla@3.9.26 has updated codemirror version to 5.60.0.|
|IAP-4312||Issue: Docker image was using vulnerable openssl-libs package. Resolution: openssl-libs package version has been upgraded to a safer version.|
|IAP-4051||Issue: API Portal is having transitive dependency of vulnerable version of lodash. Resolution: All dependencies of lodash are now upgraded.|
|IAP-4323||Issue: Docker image was using vulnerable Nettle package. Resolution: Nettle package has been upgraded to a non-vulnerable version.|
|IAP-4315||Issue: Docker image was using vulnerable RPM package. Resolution: RPM package has been upgraded to a non-vulnerable version.|
|IAP-4335||Issue: Vulnerable library is found in API Portal docker image - email@example.com_3.1. Resolution: bind-export-libs has been removed from the image.|
Other fixed issues
|Internal ID||Case ID||Description|
|IAP-4062||1240639||Issue: When API Portal is uninstalled, its Database was also uninstalled. Resolution: An option for uninstalling the Database was added, the default value is true (Database will be removed) when API Portal is removed.|
|IAP-4076||1231091||Issue: 1) The way API manager and API Portal handle RegEx in custom properties is inconsistent: API Manager does not support slashes, but API Portal supports them. 2) The custom required field is not enforced in the API Portal - missing implementation. Resolution: 1) Custom properties RegEx ID is handled in a consistent way between the products now. 2) The custom required property is now implemented to be enforced in API Portal.|
|IAP-4286||1240482||Issue: SQL errors during install/upgrade were not logged. Resolution: Add
|IAP-4288||1253710||Issue: Users are not able to configure the redirect destination in case of unauthorized request. Resolution: A new field is added in JAI for redirect on unauthorized request.|
|IAP-4298||1255208||Issue: It’s not possible to configure CSP from API Portal, and the documentation described how to do it using server configuration, which did not work for inline scripts. Resolution: A proper Content Security Policy is configured in API Portal with ability to be disabled and edited from JAI; and the documentation is updated.|
|IAP-4300||1257209||Issue: Error message of custom property is not translatable. Resolution: Error message of custom property can be translated.|
The following are known issues for this update.
When Multi Manager feature is configured, API Portal users are no longer able to login
After a recent bug fix in API Manager (RDAPI-20021), the
Authenticate to Master policy is no longer working after upgrading from releases earlier than API Portal July 2020. To fix this, perform the following steps:
- Open all slave managers configurations in Policy Studio, and click to Edit the
- Click the Login to Master (Connect to URL) filter, and enter
Accept: */*for the Request Protocol Header.
- Click the Enter key twice to create two blank lines after
Alternatively you can take the updated
AuthenticateToMaster policy and apply again your configurations.
Page layout and alignment for Arabic language
Changing the API Portal language to Arabic (or any other right to left language) results in issues with page layout and alignment on the API Portal Home and Pricing pages, and some buttons are not visible. As a workaround, you can turn on the development mode in JAI. Follow these steps:
- Log in to Joomla! Admin Interface (JAI).
- In the JAI top navigation bar, click Extensions > Templates.
- Click your template style (for example,
purity_III * Default) to open it.
- Click the General tab.
- Change Development Mode to
- Click Save and click Close to close the template style.
Related Issue: IAP-308
There are no major changes in this update.
To find all available documentation for this product version:
- Go to Manuals on the Axway Documentation portal.
- In the left pane Filters list, select your product or product version.
Customers with active support contracts need to log in to access restricted content.
For information on the different operating systems, databases, browsers, and thick client platforms supported by each Axway product, see Supported Platforms.
The Axway Global Support team provides worldwide 24 x 7 support for customers with active support agreements.
See Get help with API Gateway for the information that you should be prepared to provide when you contact Axway Support.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.