YAML Configuration loading
1 minute read
Entities are read the following way: from the Root to its children in descending order
Starting from the root directory:
- Read the current directory.
- List all other files in the directory (if any)
- Parse all YAML files (other extensions are ignored)
- Go back to first step with every sub-directories found in this location
This means that:
- Every folder should contain a
- Except for top level folder, that are just “sorting” folders
- The folder (containing a
_parent.yaml) represent the parent of entities contained in this folder.
For instance, this is valid:
The in-memory hierarchy will be:
- policy X-123
- policy X-456
- policy Y-123
- policy Y-456
This way you can sort policies (and other entities) in various directories without having to create containers.
Beware that your policy must be uniquely named for a common ancestor (“A” in this case), as the directory is just a directory, not a container. Containers do contain a